Jan 18, 2012
If one of your New Year's resolutions is to sell your home, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Although the traditional home-buying season starts in the spring, here are some reasons why listing your home now, rather than waiting, could prove to be a smart decision.
On average, the number of home sales in January drops almost by half from the previous year's peak. A house that is priced right and staged well will stand out even more with less competition.
Lenders, home inspectors, movers, and other vendors also see a seasonal dip in transactions. This could mean a quicker, easier, and possibly cheaper time to buy, sell, and move.
Even if you're not ready quite yet, now is a great time to start the conversation with your local real estate agent....ME!!! I can give you pointers on which repairs and preparations to tackle first, and which ones may not be necessary, saving you time and money. Starting now can help you capture the most buyers by busy season.
Jan 17, 2012
Learn 2 Live Green (L2LG) is a FREE, fun, family event featuring exhibits, presentations on a variety of environmental topics, workshops, demonstrations, entertainment, green art and children's activities. Green topics include:
- Fair Trade Shopping - Energy
- Alternative Transportation - Food & Agriculture
- Green Building & Remodeling - Indoor Air Quality
- Lifestyle & Recreation - Urban Gardening
- Waste Reduction - Water Conservation
L2LG helps people:
- Learn about environmentally friendly day-to-day living.
- Explore information about renewable energy sources.
- Integrate environmental values with individual purchasing power.
- Support healthy ecosystems & sustainable neighborhoods.
- Adopt & model green living practices for others.
One of the top stories in recent real estate headlines was the intensity and frequency of bidding wars. With so many buyers looking to p...